Hi Friends! Thanks for joining us for our DIY Bunny inspired party hop! Thanks for joining me from Bella Grey Designs! Weren’t her bunny party favors the cutest?!
Today I am sharing a DIY Tutorial for an Easter Bunny Peeps cake! This cake is so easy and fun and sure to be the star of your Easter party!
So, let’s hop to it shall we? You can use any cake mix or homemade cake recipe. I chose to keep it simple and use a store bought cake mix.
- Buy and gather your supplies:
- Cake Mix or ingredients for your cake
- Shredded Coconut
- Green Food Coloring
- Easter M&M’s
- Frosting ingredients
- Peeps in bright Easter colors
2. Make and bake your cake according to directions.
*I grease my pans using real butter and flour and the cake always comes out of the pan so easily.
3. Place shredded coconut in a bowl and add several drops of green food coloring to create the “grass” for the cake.
4. Make frosting – I use my tried and true buttercream frosting recipe from my mom!
Homemade buttercream frosting recipe:
16 ounces of Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 tsp of vanilla
A couple of tablespoons of milk
*In a medium bowl, beat butter and vanilla on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth
*Add in powdered sugar and continue to mix
*Add in a tablespoon of milk at a time; you may need to add more milk to get to your desired consistency
5. Frost cake.
6. Sprinkle green shredded coconut onto cake.
7. Add your peeps in alternating colors around the cake-they just stick right to the cake with the frosting-so easy!
8. Sprinkle on Easter colored M&M’s and you are done! How cute is this cake?!
This cake will sure to be a hit with your family and friends at your Easter party or brunch, especially with the kiddos! I added some funny bunny toppers simply by attaching bunny stickers from the Target dollar spot onto cute paper straws!
I displayed this cute cake on my vintage cart that I decorate for the holidays. Perfect spot for it!
I love DIYs that are simple, fun, and cute! And this cake fits all of those criteria!
I hope you make an Easter Bunny Peeps Cake for your Easter brunch or party! They are so fun, easy, and super cute! Kids will love this cake! Now hop on over to Bird’s Party for her DIY Bunny Candy Tubes!
PIN FOR LATER: